Facebook offers the people a platform for connecting on Internet by being a social networking site. It is a renowned and popular social networking site having about more 1 million daily active users on the website updating their activities with the people along with friends present on Facebook. The site helps you to get more socially aware and updated through the features present, it offers as medium of get acknowledge about the people who we don’t know and can connect to them through the site. You can share your photos, videos etc on the site for sharing and as updating your status.
Facebook also offers people to upload their photos as Profile Picture and Cover Photo for people to acknowledge how the person look like, how is he/she etc. Photo says a million things known by people, the photo of the person defines the persona and attitude of the person to some extent. The site has some guidelines about the Facebook Profile Picture and Cover Photo for the dimensions of the photo for making it correct. The guidelines if acknowledged can help the user to choose a proper photo on site.
Dimensions of Facebook’s Page Profile and Cover Photo:
- The width of the photo should be 180 pixels along with a height of 180 pixels.
- It will be displayed in variation with the devices on which Facebook is accessed by the user.
- For desktop users it will be displayed at 160×160 px, for smartphone users it will 140×140 px and for most of feature phones it will be 50×50 px.
- It should be a .JPG,.JPEG and .PNG image/photo for the profile picture.
- It should be of 851 pixels in width and should have a height of 315 pixels. The image must be of the stated dimensions when you have chosen an image as the cover photo.
- The cover photo of the user will be displayed at 815 px in width and 315 px in height on accessing Facebook on computer.
- It will be displayed as 640×360 px on smartphones, but it will not be displayed on feature phones.
The dimensions stated for the Profile Picture and Cover Photo are necessary to know due to it aids in choosing the right and correct photo to be there, it will provide that the photo chosen is clear not blur and any part is left when people see the photo on the person’s timeline. These will be seen by many people on the user’s timeline and will make an impact about the user on the person viewing the photo.