Windows has been the most popular and worldly used desktop operating system for past few years making its significance through the services and features offered through it. Microsoft has offered the people the best they could give them for making them to work comfortably and easily. Windows operating system is regularly updated by the company for enhancing the suitability, features and its worth among the people and giving them something new. The changes and update makes the people to stay in touch with new innovations made by them and prevailing in the globe.
Windows Registry is a record storing the configuration arrangement and options on the Windows operating system, based formerly on two basic structures/elements which being keys and values. It is used in Windows as for providing a route for accessing the instruments for outlining the performance of the system whether being a laptop or desktop. There are various hacks and tricks present for the registry for making it work according to your preferences and having some fun with it. These hacks and tricks are not known by all, a less number of individuals know about it. We have reckoned quite a few hacks and tricks about the registry and making you to acknowledge them along with trying them.
Registry or Regedit Tricks / Hacks in Windows 8, 8.1 and 7:
Registry or Regedit Tricks / Hacks in Windows 7:
There are various regedit tricks along with hacks making the system more cool and awesome in working. First you should make a backup the registry for making it same if any problem occurs.
- Want to speed up your Aero Peek in Windows 7, then open Registry Editor and move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Explorer -> Advanced. Right-click on it and click on New -> DWORD VALUE, name it ‘DesktopLivePreviewHovertime’. Now open it after naming and under the base select decimal along with typing the delay time (milliseconds) in the ‘Value Data’ sector, then hit OK. The Aero Peek duration will be changed and be made of whatever time you want.
- Speed up your menus through the registry editor, open it and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> ControlPanel -> Desktop, locate the MenuShowDelay option and double-click on it for adjusting its value which is set to 400 milliseconds by default. Reboot the system for making the settings to work.
- Annoyed of the notification balloons, open the editor and move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Explorer -> Advanced. Now, right-click on it and choose the New-> DWORD VALUE name it ‘EnableBalloonTips’. Double click on it after naming and change its value to zero. Then log off from the system and restart it for making the change to work.
Registry or Regedit Tricks / Hacks in Windows 8 and 8.1:
There are many tricks / hacks ensuring the system to become more efficient and proper in working. Backup the registry data for future in case any problem occurs then it can be overcome.
- Switch between active Windows through mouse, run the Regedit.exe and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Control Panel and select the desktop option. Then right click on the ActiveWndTrkTimeout and choose Modify. Click on Decimal and interchange the Value Data to one which is easy for you and will be in milliseconds.
- Want to have a confirm delete dialog option in the desktop then open the registry editor and select the HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPolicies and formulate a new DWORD value with the name ConfirmFileDelete and change its value to 1.
- Disable the lock screen in Windows 8 and 8.1 through the registry editor and open it then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsPersonalization and formulate a new DWORD naming NoLockScreen having the value 1.
Here were the Registry or Regedit Tricks / Hacks in Windows 8, 8.1 and 7 for you.